Views
Helpful
Replies

Saving commands and system logging message into text file

mach.j
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I have problem with running something like audit on my router ISR 4331/K9. Due to the location of the router in the network, where can anyone connect to it, it is important to save file with every command and message logging to the router's flash: and the extract from the router for later check . Is it possible to save all commands with time information and all system message logging into one text file? 

Im struggling. Thanks everybody for any advice!

2 Replies 2

Hey balaji,

thank you for response. Best solution for me is:

show history all

This is whole list of users commands with time and date and router's logging messages aswell so its totally fine for me. Another problem is that I need to archive this file automatically to flash: or usb0: or something else. Is it possible to run some function on router that save "history all" i would say every day or before shutting down router?

Only solution for me at this time is that user has to enter "show history all | redirect flash:" command before shutting down router after work. There is also danger in this solution that some person can make bad changes in router and then without saving history shut down this router.