Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete archive in VSOM

Calin Cristea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem deleting an archive. I`m new to this technology, so i made some tests,more exactly some simple, looped and recursive archives.

I`ve made some tests with one camera (cisco 2530), the archives were there, but there is no Delete button.I`ve deconected the camera.

I`ve connected a secondary camera, new archives with this one. The archives made with the second camera had the delete button.

With 2 cameras configured in vsom  and 2 archives with 2 sources (camera 1 and camera 2) at archives made with the second camera i had the option to delete them.

After i have erased all the archives made with the first camera, the delete button from the archives/camera 2 is missing.

Does anyone know why is this happening?

Many thanks.

6 Replies 6

michaew3
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for using this area for help.  I would like to ask a few questions to help me figure out what is going on here.

1.  What version of VSOM and VSMS are you using?

2. Are both of the cameras cisco 2530?

3. What is the Firware on those cameras?

If can answers I can start researching for your answer.

Thanks,

Will

Thanks for the reply

Vsms 6.2.1

Both cameras 2530

I can't find out now what is the version of the cameras firmware, i have no conectivity to them.

I think that it is a technical problem not a bug of the software, because if i have archives from 2 different types of camera, the delete button is there.

thank you very much  !

i will give it a try when i will arrive at work.

Hi,

Where can i type this command?

In cli, on the router, i log to the service module with:

r#service module sm 1/1 session

after i log on to the module, there is no rmar command.

Actually  Peter J Cannon , Cisco Costumer Support Engineer was very kind to help me.

The problem was a bug in the VSOM.

CSCtc82479    Unable to edit scheduled archives when user has Manage permission

I am now able to delete the archives with the root credentials.

Thanks .

Problem solved.