cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Cards

sfeldmann
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a few suggestions on known working video cards.  Accroding to the specs listed in: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/client/VsmWorkstationBaselineSpec.pdf

The card listed is the Nvidia Quadro FX 3800 w/ 1 gig Ram.  This card is not cheap.  Not all workstation needs are the same either depending on how many cameras they want up at the same time.  I have had good results with smaller view counts on various cards, and 16 HD views up on an ATI Radeon HD 3400 w/ only 512Mb ram.

All of my cameras are the 5011 HD domes, and I am currently setting them up at 720 2Mb streams.

If you are having good results with other cards can you let me know your specs?  If I need to provide you more details for you to answer, let me know.

Thanks,

-Scott.

1 Reply 1

Ed Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

I have possed the same question with little or no success at a straight answer.  I would think that as long as the card you purchased meet the specs of the card Cisco has listed then you should be fine.  By saying that I mean you could find a "Gaming" video card that could meet the "Workstation" card requirements. 

If anyone else could share the cards they have tested that would be great!  I am using a Dell Precision M4500, i7, 6G RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 1800M, Windows 7 Enteprise. It can pass the Profiler tool for everything.

We are getting approval to build out a few workstaions for testing. I'll post here once I get them built and tested.

Cheers,

Ed