Level 2

Hi,

I am seeing this error message when attempting to view any camera image in VSM:

"Failed to load camera feed - Error message 402 authorisation expired"

Software Revisions:

• CPAM: 1.5.2(0.3.7) (Hotfix 1)
  • VSMS: 7.6.0-075d RHEL5.8 (Hotfix 1)
  • VSOM: 7.6.0-120 RHEL 5.8 (Hotfix 1)

From research on other posts, it would appear that this issue could relate to NTP so here are the details on that:

My media server and operations manager are not co-residing, i have configured the media server to use automatic NTP in order for it to pick up what is configured on VSOM, cameras are all configured to use NTP configured on the media server. 

My VSOM server is configured to derive NTP from my core switch stack, i can see that NTP is active and ok on the switch and NTP test on VSOM appears OK.

I have also deleted and re-added a camera from VSM but still see the same issue.

All cameras and servers configured in VSM are not showing any errors and i can also see the cameras image if i view the image on the cameras web interface.

Has anyone come across this before, any other tips as opposed to what i have already tried?

Thanks, Simon 

1 Reply 1

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Resolved - In addition to getting the time between VSMS and VSOM synchronised, you need to ensure the device you are browsing to VSOM with is also using the correct time.

In my case, the PC was an hour out resulting in this issue.

Thanks, Simon