Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSM7 Serial PTZ Controller Fields Hidden

We have VSM7 installed and running smoothly. An issue we are having though is with the configuration of the Serial PTZ Controller.  This field is located in the General tabl when you select a camera. The Enable, Encoder, and Serial Port fields are accessible, bu the Serial ID (chain ID in 6.3.2) field is not. There should be a scroll bar on the right side of the pane to allow for these edits, but there is not.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue and if they were able to resolve it. I enclosed a snip to illustrated the issue.

Thanks,

Danny

2 Replies 2

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Small world, I beat my head against this for an hour on Monday. Yep that is a bug. Workaround is on the encoders page, you can select Serial ID etc there, on the connections tab under serial ports. I'm not looking at the system at the moment, but it was either the "change" button or the "connections" button. It was unintuitive, but worked for me.

Populating it there populated it at the camera level as well.

This is of course assuming that your camera is attached to an encoder.

Thanks Jason, that did the trick. I appreciate your help!

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: