Views
Helpful
Replies

VSMS/VSOM server synchronization

dean-lamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A while back I worked with TAC on some issues with VSMS/VSOM and when as we resolved this issue he had me SYNC the servers (we have 4) and this seemed to help make the system work together and smooth out some small issues that I can't remember now.  I have searched all over and I can't seem to find that spot where you can sync them up.  Where is that button hiding?  I hate to ask such a goofy question so please over look my stupididty.

Thanks for your help.                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VSOM / Media Server “Synch Feature”:

Renamed “Server Sync” to “Server Import” to more accurately reflect its operation.

•VSOM status update every 10 minutes of all archives (shelved and active) that have been imported
•Archive state information includes: bitrate, framerate, start time, end time, duration, date
•New running archives that have not been imported (VSOM does not know of these) are not included
•New running archives must be imported for status to be displayed
•new running archives imported from server page

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VSOM / Media Server “Synch Feature”:

Renamed “Server Sync” to “Server Import” to more accurately reflect its operation.

•VSOM status update every 10 minutes of all archives (shelved and active) that have been imported
•Archive state information includes: bitrate, framerate, start time, end time, duration, date
•New running archives that have not been imported (VSOM does not know of these) are not included
•New running archives must be imported for status to be displayed
•new running archives imported from server page

Thanks for your time and the info.  I had the terms switched up in my head for some reason.  I really appreciate your help.  I just restored a new server from backup and the archives were all out of sync.  This worked great.

Thanks,