cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM can't add VSMS due to "No Recording repository selected for Primary media server"

Mirko Grabel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi guys,

I have a fresh installation of a VSOM and a VSMS (in separate VMs), both from the OVA file: 

VSM7.7.0-CD121i-RHEL6_UCS-BC.ova 

Now I try to add the VSMS under VSOM and get the following error message:

"Operation failed: Validation failed: No Recording repository selected for Primary media server" 

And I can't figure out where I would add a Recording Repository.

To be honest this is just for a simple demo setup so I have no intentions of recording anything.

Should be a common problem as I installed the VMs several times by now and always ran into the same issue, still I couldn't find any information on how to fix this.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you can refer this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/7_6/vm/deploy/vsm_7_ova/ova_deployment.pdf

page number 1-14(addinh Hard drives)

page number 1-32(Creating Video Repositories)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ramneeka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you added any HDD to VSMS through VMware and created media repository in media server?

To verify the respositories are created or not you can verify by running following command

Please send me output of "df -hk" and "cat /proc/partitions' command by doing putty into VSMS?

Regards,

ramneet 

you can refer this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/7_6/vm/deploy/vsm_7_ova/ova_deployment.pdf

page number 1-14(addinh Hard drives)

page number 1-32(Creating Video Repositories)

Yes, that was it, thanks!!!

I was first a bit scared by logging into the CLI and copying the script etc. but it turned out to be actually very easy, literally 3 commands that are all well documented in the guide you pointed me to. Thanks again!

You are welcome Mirko. Glad issue is resolved.

Br,
Ramneeka