Views
Helpful
Replies

vulnerabilities with Vsom

lisandro
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends, I hope you are well.

I come to your experience so that you can help me.

We ran a network vulnerability scan and I found many vulnerabilities related to a VSOM 7.5.1 media server.

I have several vulnerabilities that I do not know if I can solve or they are only there. I would like to know if something can be done to mitigate these vulnerabilities that were presented or if it is normal since it is normal operation of VSOM Media Server.

The vulnerabilities are as follows:

- The rexec service is running, the recommendation is to disable the rexec service and use alternatives like
SSH instead.
But I don't know how to disable it or if it is recommended to do so.

- An RSH service is running. the recommendation is to deactivate the RSH service and use alternatives such as
SSH instead.
In this case I have the same doubt, if that service can be deactivated or not and if it would affect something.

- The rlogin service is running on the system. It is also recommended to deactivate the RLogin service. In this case I have the same doubt, if this service can be deactivated or not and if it would affect something.

- SSLv3 Protocol CBC Cipher Suite Information Disclosure Vulnerability (POODLE).

The recommendation is: Disable SSLv3, Disable cipher suites that support CBC encryption modes
Enable TLS_FALLBACK_SCSV if the service provides TLSv1.0 +.

But again I do not know if it is possible to do that and if it would affect the operation of the Media Server.

From already thank you very much

0 Replies 0