Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE API Network Device Group Creation : group's type is missing

I am running ISE 2.4 (patches 1 to 5) with Tacacs+ enabled .

I am trying to add a Network Device Group using the REST API. I am doing the tests with Postman.

I am reproducing the example found in the "External RESTful Services (ERS) Online SDK" API Documentation, Network Device Group.

Here is the json supplied in the creation section:

{
  "NetworkDeviceGroup" : {
    "id" : "123456789",
    "name" : "Group name",
    "description" : "Group description",
    "othername" : "Location"
  }
}

When  I run it with a POST , I get an error .

api.JPG

What is the "group's type" in this case? I have not found anything about the documentation and it is not asked when you create a Network Device Group suing the ISE GUI.

In my case, I just want to add a Network Device Group at the root.

NB: so far, I have been able to create/delete  an identity, a Network device, but I am stuck with the Network Device Group creation.

Thanks

Gilles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found the missing parameter after dozens of tries.

Yo have to add the "othername" keyword it must contain the first part of the "name" until the "#" sign.

json exemple :

{
"name" : "ACS#All ACS#AA",
"othername" : "ACS",
"description" : "AA Group"
}
}

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I found the missing parameter after dozens of tries.

Yo have to add the "othername" keyword it must contain the first part of the "name" until the "#" sign.

json exemple :

{
"name" : "ACS#All ACS#AA",
"othername" : "ACS",
"description" : "AA Group"
}
}

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for your post, it gave me some ideas to solve the issue with the GUEST Account creation using Postman. Next my config:

For the Basic Authorization I use is the internal Usr I created pointing to the ALL_Accounts User Groups. That User Groups is the same ALL_Accounts Sponsor Group with the "Access Cisco ISE Guest Acct using REST API" checked.

The portal ID below = Default Sponsor Portal ID that I got from the GET https://PrimaryPAN.domain:9060/ers/config/sponsorportal, the credential for basic authorization I use were: internal user created in the admin -- > system -- > admin access - > administrators -- > admin users - > USER with admin groups = ERS Admin + ERS Operator

{
  "GuestUser" : {
    "guestType" : "Weekly (default)",
    "guestInfo" : {
      "userName" : "testGST01",
      "firstName" : "John",
      "lastName" : "Smith",
      "password" : "9048test"
    },
    "guestAccessInfo" : {
      "validDays" : 5,
      "fromDate" : "04/14/2019 16:49",
      "toDate" : "04/19/2019 23:59",
      "location" : "Canada/Eastern"
    },
    "portalId" : "9d10dd22-7fe3-11e5-aa03-3440b5d4e810"
  }
}

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: