cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) of Windows 10 breaks Duo for Windows Logon’s support for Microsoft Accounts

Nebb
Level 1
Level 1

Ever since Windows 10 decided to the upgrade to the latest Fall Update. Whenever I RDP into my computer the Duo Login Prompt does not load, it does not send the push notification. Thus I am unable to login remotely. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest version of Duo with no success.

Any ideas?

79 Replies 79

Sadly, I think the answer is “It will be fixed whenever Microsoft fixes it for us”.

Chuck5
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone still troubleshooting, try this.

1. Create a local account
  2. Set up duo with that account
  3. Link local account with the microsoft account.

Even try swapping 2 and 3. This seems to be resolved for me, and I have been trying to figure out why. This variation is all that I have been able to narrow it down to.

For those with existing accounts, try to unlink it from the microsoft account, login and see what happens. Then try to re-link it.

Chuck was right. I am now able to use Duo with Windows 10 and MS Account. I have a local account on Windows 10 machine that is linked to MS Account. Try his suggestions. I’m pretty sure it wll work.

Mailtrack

Sender notified by

[Mailtrack](https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&)
                11/26/18, 11:12:20 AM

For those who aren’t familiar with the various accounts when you say “link” the local and Microsoft account is this done at the Windows / PC level or are you linking them both to the same Duo account? Thanks.

When I mention linking the accounts, I mean so on a PC level. After creating your local windows account and establishing the connection with Duo, log into the Microsoft account on the windows account to achieve the desired “Live account” or however it’s called.

Quick Links