Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Logon Error 40103

Hey all, 

I recently installed Duo's Windows Logon via a script to a physical PC. The script will be posted below. When I go to log into the physical PC I get the error message "Invalid signature in request credentials 40103". I quickly went to google and all I can see is when people are using custom APIs to interact with Duo which is not what I am doing at all. Any recommendations as to where I can begin resolving this issue? Thanks in advance

msiexec.exe /i DuoWindowsLogon64.msi IKEY="********" SKEY="******" HOST="*****duosecurity.com" AUTOPUSH="#1" FAILOPEN="#1" SMARTCARD="#0" RDPONLY="#0" /qn

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does it work when you install Duo for Windows Logon using the installer GUI, pasting in the application info? If so, maybe double-check the format of the msiexec command string. Make sure the IKEY, SKEY, and HOST values aren't truncated.

Duo for Windows Logon is just a Duo AuthAPI client application we developed ourselves, so the rules for our API requst ssigning do still apply, but the Duo app you install handles constructing and signing the request itself.

Duo, not DUO.

Yes if I manually run the application and input the information myself then the Windows Logon works properly. However, I need to install this on a lot of machines and would prefer to script this. I found documentation and I am trying to run it through Powershell now. Basically I am copying the file to the C drive, then running the .exe from there.

My script: Start-Process duo-win-login-4.2.2.exe /S /V" /qn IKEY="***" SKEY="***" HOST="duosecurity.com" AUTOPUSH="#1" FAILOPEN="#1" SMARTCARD="#0" RDPONLY="#0""

The error I get:Start-Process : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '/V /qn IKEY=** SKEY=**
HOST=**.duosecurity.com AUTOPUSH=#1 FAILOPEN=#1 SMARTCARD=#0 RDPONLY=#0'.
At line:3 char:1
+ Start-Process duo-win-login-4.2.2.exe -ArgumentList /S /V" /qn IKEY=" ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Start-Process], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartProcessCommand

Hm, if you are using start-process you may need to put the params in an argument list.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.management/start-process?view=powershell-7.3#example-7-specifying-arguments-to-the-process

If the Duo app is getting installed without any of the config params like the ikey, skey, etc. that would explain the login error. The installer does allow install of Duo WinLogon with no params for organizations that define them with GPO.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links