Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Logon - No Internet Connection

Jmiller4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I was wondering if there is any update on using Duo for Windows without an internet connection?
2FA failing to work without an internet connection is a major weakness and defeats one of the major reasons to use the product.

22 Replies 22

Hey marvinj, our offline login with Windows feature is currently in closed beta.

Thanks. I am currently waiting to hear back from sales and engineering reps on getting in on the beta…because we are interested in purchasing the product, but cannot do so if you do not have that functionality in the product.

gsweers
Level 1
Level 1

I too am waiting to sign up as an MSP. This is a critical feature that we cannot possibly do without. The RDP product looks awesome but the offline laptop is a deal killer. I do love what Authpoint does with Watchguard, it creates a QR code on the laptop you can scan with the mobile app and it will generate a one time code to use to login to laptop.

Thanks all for your interest in this feature. The Windows Logon Offline beta is now full (we had strong demand to join); no additional invitations or signups will be accepted.

Duo, not DUO.

Dooley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all! Quick update: General availability for the new Duo WinLogon Offline feature is planned for October. At that time, it will be available as a feature of Duo MFA, Duo Access and Duo Beyond.

You can read more about the feature in our new blog post here: Announcing Offline Multi-Factor Authentication for Windows | Duo Security.

Our Windows Offline functionality will be fully released on November 19, 2018.

Duo, not DUO.

This feature has been released and works really nice. I have it implemented using a YubiKey. This makes it much faster to login, since you are doing it so often throughout the day.

Hannah1
Level 1
Level 1

has this also been sorted for Mac users? Our clients are using half windows half mac.

Quick Links