Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Voice drops for five to ten seconds during calls

beyercody23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, thank you for reading my question. I am at wits end!

My company uses Cisco VoIP for our phones, and one such phone is our primary conference phone, a Cisco 7937. If we are on a call that lasts for any extended period of time (45 minutes to an hour) sometime during that call inbound voice will drop. Not just get quiet or choppy, but completely drop. Here is what I have tried so far, and then I will get into more anecdotal symptoms.

Intitially we were using a Cisco 7936, when this error started happening we switched that out with a 7937, no resolution.

We switched cables

We switched ports

We switched switches

We ran a packet capture, and noticed no dropped packets

While pinging the phone, response time is 1-3 ms

So all of the so called basic things have been done as far as I can tell. I am not telephony expert by a long shot (I do databases and application support) so the more advanced options for trouble shooting that you fine people may be aware of are not in my radar. Again the call does not drop completely, it only seems that inbound voice is dropped. Those on the other end do not seem to complain about not being able to hear us so it seems to not be both ways (of course they may just assume it is on their end and not mention it) but all evidence points to inbound only.

It /may/ only be when we are using Cisco MeetingPlace Express but I can not be sure if that is a variable or a constant.

Sorry for the lack of information, as I said not a phone expert but would appreciate any help you could offer

Who Me Too'd this topic