Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

RTP/UDP traffic being blocked from Netgear to cisco

jordyhall
Level 1
Level 1

We have used to have a network consisting almost entirely of Netgear switches.

We recently introduced a Cisco 3750X into the network as our main switch.

since we have done this our IP phones have had issues of sound only working one way and some have no sound either way.

mainly the sound from the PBX to the phones is being blocked. I have run wiresharks that show the packets are reaching the Cisco switch then going no further. It only seems to be RTP traffic being blocked though. While we are using multiple VLANs the problem is occuring only on the one VLAN.

some of the Netgear switches have basic default settings i.e all ports in VLAN1but some of the switches are layer 3. I have turned QOS off and can see no other reason that RTP traffic in perticular would be blocked.

Does anyone know of any debugs or show commands I could use to see what is happening to these packets or have any ideas why a switch is not doing it's job of mobing packets.

The phone system we use is Toshiba and we have tried turning off COS from the PBX but this did not change anything.

The odd this seems to be if the phone and connection to the PBX are both plugged into a Netgear layer 3 switch all works fine but if say the phone is connected to a netgear layer 2 'Smart Switch' then the voice is 'blocked' from the IP phone.

Thanks

Jordy

Who Me Too'd this topic