Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Need help configuring voice VLAN in SG300

telecastle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have spent too much time on this now and need help. I am trying to configure a voice VLAN on an SG300-28p switch. I need to instruct a Cisco 7965 phone connected to a port on SG300-28p to use VLAN 100, and a workstation connected to the Cisco 7965 phone to use be placed on VLAN 101 by SG300-28p. In regular Cisco IOS switches, this task is configured as follows:

interface gi25

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 101

switchport voice vlan 100

Trying to achieve this scenario with a Cisco SG300 switch is turning into a nightmare. You have to deal with a Dynamic Voice VLAN set to the Auto Voice VLAN mode. Then, you have to have a trigger configured and Auto Smartport enabled. I have tried to do this in CLI to no avail. The Cisco 7965 receives an IP from the access VLAN on interface Gi15, which is VLAN 101. I need it to receive an IP from VLAN 100.

The current configuration under interface Gi15 is as follows:

interface gigabitethernet15

storm-control broadcast enable

storm-control broadcast level kbps 10

storm-control include-multicast

port security discard trap 60

port security max 10

port security mode max-addresses

spanning-tree portfast

lldp med disable

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 101

!next command is internal

macro auto smartport dynamic_type unknown $native_vlan 101 $voice_vlan 100

Now, I have no idea how the macro auto smartport dynamic_type unknown $native_vlan 101 $voice_vlan 100 command got in the config, and I don't know how to remove it.

When I try to enter the macro auto smartport type ip_phone_desktop command under interface Gi15, I get the following error message:

Macro parameter $voice_vlan is not user configurable

It appears as though the standard auto smartport macro ip_phone_desktop cannot apply the $voice_vlan parameter with the value 100. As a matter of fact, I am not explicitly using this parameter at all in the macro auto smartport type ip_phone_desktop command; however, the SG300 switch knows that the its voice VLAN is VLAN 100, and as it is trying to use this VLAN ID as the value of the $voice_vlan parameter, the macro fails.

I tried to statically configure the voice VLAN on the SG300 switch by using the voice vlan id 100 command, but I could not get the ip_phone_desktop macro to configure inerface Gi15 properly. Then, I removed the voice vlan id 100 command and got SG300 to learn its voice VLAN ID from UC560 connected to SG300 via a trunk port based on the following UC560's trunk port (connected to SG300) configuration:

switchport trunk native vlan 101

switchport mode trunk

switchport voice vlan 100

macro description cisco-switch

It is the switchport voice vlan 100 command that advertises to SG300 via CDP that VLAN 100 is a voice VLAN. When I issue the show voice vlan local command on the SG300, I get the following output:

VLAN-ID     VPT     DSCP     Source     MAC Address     Interface

1                    5          46       default           ----                    ---

*100                                        CDP     e0:5f:b9:xx:yy:zz     gi28

So, it is clear that the SG300 is receiving information from UC560 via CDP into port Gi28 that VLAN 100 is the voice VLAN. Nevertheless, I still cannot apply the ip_phone_desktop macro to SG300's interface Gi15.

By the way, I have tried to configure voice vlan state auto-triggered as well as voice vlan state auto-enabled global configuration mode commands. Neither setting changes anything vis-a-vis voice VLAN advertised to Cisco 7965 in that Cisco 7965 continues to use VLAN101 (access VLAN assigned to interface Gi15).

Who Me Too'd this topic