Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Default IOS shipped on Switch - ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL:

cursur949
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the below error on my new switch though I can’t find out A. why I am getting the error and obviously B. how to resolve said error as I need to ensure I am operating under the letter of the law and compliance.  The switch is a WS-C3750X-48T-S running C3750E-IPBASEK9-M, per my research IP base is the correct IOS for a T-S switch, the label on the outside of the switch matches the show ver (WS-C3750X-48T-S) so I know that IPBase is the right IOS for the hardware.  Could it be that I don’t have the license file installed? Below is what I get when I do a show license.  Lastly is there a place that I can find what IOS ships default with what switches, not version but type like c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.150-1.SE vs c3750e-ipbase-mz.150-1.SE

Error
“%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization.  This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms.  If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.”

Switch# Show license
Index 1 Feature: ipservices    
        Period left: 0  minute  0  second 
Index 2 Feature: ipbase        
        Period left: Life time
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Priority: Medium
        License Count: Non-Counted

Switch#show license detail
Index: 1        Feature: ipbase                            Version: 1.0
        License Type: Permanent