Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Backing up and Restoring ACS 5.x

Paul Masterton
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Can I check I've understood the ACS backup and restoration procedure? Am I right in thinking:

1. A backup run from exec as "backup <filename> repository <repository name>" is the same command run automatically by "System Administrator -> Scheduled Backups" in the GUI, just scheduled for me...
  2. That backup is enough to completely restore ACS to its state at the time of the backup, including ACS config (Users, Devices, NDGs, etc.) and the View database (reports, historical data, etc.)
  3. It's entirely separate from the backups ACS View makes as part of it's purging action. (I only need those if I want to go way back in time, I don't need them to restore a functioning ACS with the recent reports and logs)

Oh, and one last bonus question... if I still have a working ACS left after the primary dies, is it not just easier to promote the survivor to primary and then add the replacement in as a secondary and let replication restore the configs? Perhaps re-promote the new box to primary afterwards?

Cheers all!

Who Me Too'd this topic