Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SG300-xx Multicast broadcasting

Robert Blake
Level 1
Level 1

We're setting up a multicast video network using a series of SG300 switches using 1.2.7.76.  We're currently testing two SG300-10s, but are finding that the switch with the cameras connected to it are broadcasting the multicast traffic to all ports.  We started by assigning each switch a unique IP address within VLAN 1, the only VLAN.  We enabled Bridge Multicast Filtering and set the Forwarding Method to IP Group Address on both switches.  Next, we enabled IGMP Snooping for each switch and also for VLAN1.  On the switch connected to our server, we also enabled the Querier.  The other switch, which connects to our multicast sources broadcasts all the multicast traffic.

From here, we tried enabling the Querier on both switches with them set to Auto.  They seem to work out which is the master Querier without issue.  This seemed to fix the problem until we rebooted both switches.  The switch with the video source is broadcasting multicast traffic.  The switch connected to our server appears to be working fine.  Settings were all verified as having been saved prior to the reboot. 

Bonjour is disabled as I recall seeing something about that in the release notes.

Any ideas as to what we've missed?

Who Me Too'd this topic