Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Lync video freezes using OCS Relay

jarrod sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have a customer who has integrated Lync 2010 with thier VCSC running X7.2.  the original integration was setup using OCS relay method.  i know that B2BUA is the "correct" way to set this up, but i wasn't ther person who set it up.  my question is simply this:

when a VCS<>Lync call is made, video and audio gets negotiated correctly (h.263 video as there is no AMG) at 1st.  after a random period of time, the video from the VCSC to the lync client will freeze.  i have run packet captures during the call and failure and i see no change in media traffic (video or audio ports).  i have eliminated every vairable i can think of.  i made sure all the clients were on the same Lync cluster, which had a SIP trunk to the VCSC.  no traffic is going accross an edge server or the WAN.  it never fails to happen, but the timing is not consistent.

i have read in other support community posts that using OCS relay can cause freezing video and using B2BUA will solve the problem.  can anyone explain to me how using B2BUA would remedy the freezing video or what is going on in the Lync side to cause this? 

Last thing is all VCSC devices are H323 only, so all the calls are interworked, forcing the RTP stream to go through the VCSC.

thanks!

Who Me Too'd this topic