Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

BGP Remove Private-AS

Daniel Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently labbing a scenario in which I'd like to remove the Private-ASs that are within NLRIs that I'm sending to an EBGP neighbor. The issue is complicated by the fact that within the existing NLRIs, there is a single Public-ASN amongst the private ones, along with the EBGP peerings all being based on Private ASNs. The scenario I'm labbing is below:

AS65000 <> AS65501 <> AS65251 <> AS123 <> AS65001

I've tested the above configuration replacing ASN 65501 with ASN 456, and when I add 'remove-private-as all' to the eBGP peering going to AS65000 I can see that all the Private ASNs within the NLRIs sent to AS65000 are stripped.

What I'd like to be able to do is run ASN456 as a private ASN (as above - and as will be in Production) and still be able to strip out all the Private ASN information, I'm happy I'm running the correct code to achieve this, I just believe that due to the peerings being made between Private ASNs, the functionality isn't available to me.

Is anyone able to offer any assistance on whether a workaround method is available for the above. The BGP ASNs are currently in place within a production environment, so we're unable to change these.

TIA

Who Me Too'd this topic