Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco SG300 Switch, Layer 3 Mode, ARP Table Overflow Errors

smatson3615
Level 1
Level 1

I have two locations, A and B which are connected via point to point  switched Ethernet (flat layer 2 handoff).  Location A is our main  location that houses DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Exchange, Network  Shares, etc.  Location A has it’s own firewall and T1 for Internet.   Location B has no servers however it has its own T1 and firewall for  Internet.  Clients at location B obtain IP’s via DHCP and access all  servers at location A through the point to point switched Ethernet.   I’ve attached a rough drawing of my network.
Location B has a Cisco  SG300 with a Cisco SG200 connected to it via a crossover cable.  The  point to point switched Ethernet and the firewall for the T1 at location  B are connected to the SG300.  VLAN10 is configured on the SG300 to  allow clients at location B to obtain a 152.x IP address (instead of the  151.x used at location A) and to send traffic to location A .  DHCP  relay is enabled and there is a static route for internet traffic to go  to the firewall at location B.  The SG300 is the default gateway for all  clients at location B.

I’ve been having  an issue with some  laptops that travel between location A and B not being able to connect  at location B.  It seems like after they return from location A to B  that they are able to obtain an IP through DHCP (I can see the lease on  the server at location A) however they are not able to connect to  Exchange, Active Directory, Network shares, Internet, etc at location A.   Running an ipconfig on the laptops give an unable to reach DNS error.   From the laptops that won’t connect I’m unable to ping the SG300 or any  servers at location B.  I am able to ping other clients connected to  the network at location B.

Initially rebooting the SG300 at  location B was the only way to allow the laptops to connect however the  next day there would be other laptops, or the same ones, that were  unable to connect.  I noticed that the following error in the Flash  Memory log of the SG300 throughout the day:  %ARP-E-ARPTBL: ARP Table  Overflow   This prompted me to lower the ARP Entry Age Out from the  default of 60000 seconds to 300 seconds.  Since I’ve  done that it’ s  been a week and there have been no laptop connection issues however I  continue to receive the same error: %ARP-E-ARPTBL: ARP Table Overflow  throughout the day.  I fear that I will experience the same issues in  the future if I cannot identify why I am receiving the ARP errors.  Any  suggestions.  My config or the SG300 attached  Thanks in advance!!!

Who Me Too'd this topic