Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

slow scp transfer - ASR router

Edwin Summers
Level 3
Level 3

Experiencing extremely slow transfer times using scp to transfer an IOS XE image to an ASR-1002(X).  Have attempted using three different routers and two separate servers.  In all cases scp is extremely slow.  A 380MB image is still transferring after three hours.

Transferring the same file using tftp takes just over 5 minutes. I have attempted the transfer using a Windows and a Linux scp server. In addition, I have scp'ed files to each of these servers to ensure they were operating properly - in both cases the servers can transfer the file in minutes.

-Do not believe it is an issue with the protocol itself or implementation on the servers: other scp transfers to the servers run quickly

-Research on this topic returned one response that the issue was due to writing the file to a flash filesystem. I have doubts about this since tftp transfers orders of magnitude more quickly, writing to the same filesystem.

I'm researching to see if there is a bug in these versions of code.

Next step is to run a packet capture during a transfer to look for clues.  Any experience/solutions to this issue appreciated!

-Ed

Who Me Too'd this topic