Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Inter Vlan routing not working. Unable to ping other vlans

echoes0071
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me out here.   I have attached a screenshot that provides the topology and ip addresses etc..

Basically I am not able to ping host from switch if I source it from another SVI.  Similarly, From host I can only ping its default SVI.  All the other SVIs wont' respond to ping. However I am able to ping all SVIs from my access layer switch.

IP addresses etc can be found in the attached image..  In this instance, I am able to ping the server ip from my MLS 3850 switch but if I source it from another SVI then ping fails. It seems like 3850 switch is not routing between vlans.. I have manually typed IP routing several times.

Then again it seems that it is routing properly as I am able to ping all SVIs from my access layer switch..  However my PC and server are not able to ping anything beyond their SVI addresses.

Hope all that makes sense..  If not I will try and upload the configs when I can be by the switches.. Please kindly point me in right direction. Thanks in advance.

p.s. on MLS 3850 -  default route is set using command -  IP route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.205.55.1

Who Me Too'd this topic