Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Interrupt Catalyst boot process

pascal
Level 1
Level 1

After entering the command "boot enable-break" in configuration mode ("Enable Break" under "show boot" now shows "yes") the switch will stop loading IOS if you send it a break via the console port while it is loading the IOS.  It will then give the message "Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process."  What key do I hit at this point to interrupt it?  I've tried another break and all the normal Cisco interrupt key sequences but it always continues to boot 5 seconds later.  Relevant portion of boot log follows:

...done Initializing Flash.

Boot Sector Filesystem (bs:) installed, fsid: 3

Loading "flash:c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6/c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin"...####################################################################################################################################################################################################bad mzip file, unknown zip method

Error loading "flash:c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6/c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.

Loading "flash:/c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6/c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin"...#######################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

File "flash:c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6/c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x3000

executing...

Who Me Too'd this topic