Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Configuring Cisco 1700 as VPN Concentrator for Cisco Anyconnect

Grant Curell
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is the full configuration for the router. Additional configuration includes forwarding ports 443 (both tcp/udp), udp 4500, udp 500, and udp 50 to 192.168.1.20.

Objective: Configure a Cisco 1700 router as a VPN server, which a Cisco Anyconnect client will VPN into. The VPN server is behind a NAT.

Question 1: Does the Cisco Anyconnect client pull its entire configuration from the router? Do I just need to point at the right IP address and hit connect and it will figure out the rest? If not what additional client side configuration needs to be done? I noticed it tries to connect over port 443 to my router, but I'm not really sure why and I know my router isn't listening on that port so I know I'm missing something :-D.

Question 2: What features specifically comprise easy vpn server? I'm confused as to exactly what it is. From what I can tell when you configure easy vpn server you're just configuring a regular VPN.

Question 3: Does Cisco Easy VPN Remote have anything to do with Cisco Anyconnect or are they completely separate?

Sorry about the newbie questions. It's really hard to understand the different systems and features on this one and the vast majority of the examples I found dealt with router to router VPNs rather than configurations just meant for end user computers, but I'll be the first to admit I'm new to this hahaha.

Thanks for your help.

PS: Any feedback on misconfigs are welcome. I'm still trying to understand fully exactly what each command does.

Grant

Who Me Too'd this topic