cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

WAP321 RADIUS MAC filter dont work correctly (FW 1.0.5.3)

crawler95
Level 1
Level 1

Im having issues with RADIUS MAC filtering in WAP321. I have a network SSID with WPA2-Personal and MAC filtering set to RADIUS.

There are two cases of the error:

With 'Filter' setting in MAC Filtering page set to 'Allow only stations in list', If I try to associate a client the first time I get an error like this:

Going to WAP321 log it shows that the RADIUS server accepted and allowed the request with an Accept-Accept reply, but instead gave an association error in client station:

If I attempt to associate the station again this time associates successfully and log shows this:

Also If I associate again the RADIUS server is NEVER asked to authenticate again and the AP simply accepts and allows the request.

That was the first case, only successfully associating from the second attempt and further.

The second case with 'Filter' setting in MAC Filtering page set to 'Block all stations in list' I NEVER get to associate the station with the WAP, getting the same association error like first attempt, and log showing:

Every attempt to associate results in 'trying to deauthenticate, but not authenticated' message in log:

The 'Filter' setting in MAC Filtering page should be ignored regardless of the setting because the SSID MAC Filtering is set to 'RADIUS' and 'Filter' setting should only be used if network SSID is configured with 'Local' MAC filtering.

I think the problem is some bug with MAC authentication in the firmware's hostapd implementation.

Firmware version is 1.0.5.3

Who Me Too'd this topic