Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

CUCM 10.5 Universal Device Template page limits Line Label length for #tags#

David Finstein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I am running CUCM 10.5.2.10000-5.  We are trying to have our operations team change their practice to start deploying phones using the 'Quick User/Phone Add' feature (from CUCM Administration, go to User Management --> User/Phone Add --> Quick User/Phone Add).  One of our standard practices is to have a 'Line Label' on every line appearance on phones.  We are trying to build some automation into this using the #Tags# feature that Cisco has built into the system.

I'm running into a known defect (bug) with CUCM and trying to see if others are hitting the same bug.  Here is the defect information (CSCup62153):

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup62153/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

I am seeing identical behavior to what is listed in the defect:

Symptom:
The Universal Device Template page enforces a 30 character limit on the Phone Buttons Configuration > Line > Line Label field, even when using tags such as #PrimaryExtension#, #LastName# or #FirstName#. When the character limit is exceeded, the error displayed in the web page reads "All characters allowed except quotes (")".

Conditions:
Administrator is updating the Line Label field in the CUCM Administration > User Management > User/Phone Add > Universal Device Template, and is using tags.

The defect lists no workarounds at this time.  For our purposes, this defect renders the 'Quick User/Phone Add' feature virtually useless, because we have to manually populate the 'Line Label' text on every phone.

Ultimately, I am trying to get my Universal Device Template 'Line Label' field to look like this: #FirstName# #LastName# #PrimaryExtension#

If you're having this problem, can you please open a TAC case with Cisco to push them to incorporate a fix in a future version of CUCM?  When Cisco assigns a defect a severity of 'Minor' (like this one), the bugs often never get fixed because Cisco doesn't think it's impacting enough customers.  I have a TAC case open already, but unless more people open cases for this defect, I am worried that it won't get fixed.

Any & all help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Dave Finstein

Who Me Too'd this topic