Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Purging old job definitions

ikkynikinae
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue in our development environment.  There are literally 4x the number of definitions due to some copying and pasting of entire job groups with hundreds of jobs in them.  I now have tons and tons of duplicates that are not active definitions.  Along the lines of like 40k definitions in development for 10k production jobs that I actually care about.

I'm encountering some performance issues and support is telling me that even the inactive jobs have a large impact on performance.  To the point of saying "well with 40k definitions, you are a large implementation and need more cores, RAM, etc" per the SP2 performance tuning guide.  We are running 6.2.1.315

By this logic, it seems it would be more prudent to permanently purge the 30k definitions I don't need.  Has anyone had any experience along these lines?  

The jobs are already inactive, and what I really am looking to do is purge them completely so that I'm back to a number of definitions (active and inactive combined) that my hardware is scaled for already.  I am struggling already with the assertion that inactive jobs give me as much a performance hit as active jobs in terms of defining the implementation size.

Thanks!

Who Me Too'd this topic