Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Multi Cell / Multi Wan EEM/IP SLA Tracking

Joseph Sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for a way to setup a multi test approach for WAN/Internet Connections.  Cisco 2921 ISR

Cell 0/2/0 - ATT

Cell 0/3/0 - VZW

Gig 0/0/0 - Lan

Gig 0/1/0 - Satellite

Gig 0/2/0 - Terrestrial (Fiber, DSL, Cable, etc)

This router sits in an emergency response vehicle.  As the vehicle gets deployed in different areas it will have varying cell conditions and internet connections available to it.

With the Dual cell, I would like to setup a script that does the following.

Check Cell Signal on both carriers, pick the strongest signal. Proceed to Track/IP SLA.

Ping sourcing from interface, if line is up use route.  If down, test other cell interface with lower signal, if up, use route.

EEM, accept sms commands, restrict to phone numbers on approved list.  Text command “switch” to router, it will swap active cell connections, and reply with Current Cell status, and new cell status.

EEM, Text “Status” to router and respond with both current cell status and which is active.

If The terrestrial or Satellite connections are active, it will always use those over cell.  Satellite will always have a UP/UP status as it is connected to the satellite modem, terrestrial will always be down unless connected to a connection.  Terrestrial always trumps satellite.

Can someone help me write this?  

Who Me Too'd this topic