Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco SX80 Dual Camera Overheat

darin.scott.cs
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco SX80 codec with dual cams installed at the front of the room which have the speaker / auto track functionality. This room was originally installed about roughly 1 year ago. As of just recently, I started noticing some flickering with the cameras capturing our in-room video for VTC's. Also, the Auto Track functionality that pans and zooms to an individual speaker during a video call is no longer working and the manual tabs on the touch screen to control the cameras are inoperable as well.

When this 1st occurred, it was just the flickering I noticed and I simply unplugged the power feed to both cams for a bit to resolve that issue. However, 1 week later... the flickering came back, but now the issue with the Auto Track and manual controls for each came came up. After turning off the power to the whole camera assembly at the mount in the front of the room for about 30 minutes it seemed to resolve the issue. But now again this morning the Auto Track does not work and the heat emitting from the base that the cameras reside on is quite hot.

I determined that the power that's feeding the camera assembly at the front of the room is separate from the Room System's AV. In other words, when you shutdown the room's AV System by way of touch panel there is still power being fed to the camera assembly from a separate source. Thereby having power continuously running to the cams making them HOT.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Speaker Track assembly for SX80's? And if so, what is the resolution other than intermittently turning them off from time to time. I know this unit is relatively new so am wondering if the design circuitry inside the camera assembly's mount is shotty and needs reworking.

Thanks in advance! 

Who Me Too'd this topic