Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Q-in-Q

dabraham20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our company is trying to implement Microsoft ExpressRoute. Microsoft gives the solution as a Q-in-Q Vlan. We have to strip our the S-Tag and use the 3 C-Tag VLANs for our BGP links to Microsoft. Our service provider gives us a L2 trunk link which is used to connect to Microsoft and several other services. So they don't see the Q-in-Q, as they deliver each of the services down a single trunk link.

From what I understand, I would have to configure another port on this switch for the Q-in-Q tunnelling viz.,

switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
switchport access vlan 456

Here 456 is the S-Tag which is a normal Vlan we get from the single port on the same switch to the service provider. In this case, I would require another switch behind this switch to split out the 3 C-Tag Vlans from Microsoft. Is there any other way to do this using a single switch, to both do Q-in-Q and split out the 3 Vlans.

Switch 2 (with 3 Vlans) --> Trunk (with 3 Vlans) --> Switch 1 port with Q-in-Q config --> Switch 1 with trunk port to Service Provider --> Service provicder network.

Is there a way to get this done without switch 2, stripping out the 3 Vlans using only switch 1?

Regards,

Deepu Abraham.

Who Me Too'd this topic