Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

RV340 hang when using VPN site-to-site

Catalin Burla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. 

For +5 years I manage a farm of various RV routers with VPN site-to-site. Around 700 locations connected to HQ , at the beginning with Linksys routers then under Cisco brand. RV042, RV042G , RV320, RV082, RV016, all of then are online 24/7/365.

With every launch dual-wan+vpn device I replaced few working routers and become more or less a "tester", eager to get the increased performance and stability. 

RV320 was released with a broken firmware regarding VPN connections: if using more than 2-3 VPN tunnels suddenly hangs. I opened a case and it took more than 6 months to see a working firmware while I put my infrastructure at Cisco disposal to investigate and test. 

When RV340 was announced I was glad, the 100 Mbps VPN barrier was exceeded. I ordered 5 RV340 and 3 RV345, waited  3- 4 weeks for delivery and.... RV340 has also a broken firmware regarding VPN connections: it suddenly hangs, down not respond to ping, does not load interface , no traffic, nothing. It can work for 1 day to 10 days, but for sure it will hang. For more than 2 months I still insist using RV340, but I think next step is RMA . It's the same behavior that RV320 had ! I am using RV340 only for 9 VPN  tunnels over MPLS lines, no other traffic thru this unit. All 9 MPLS connections cumulated are about 100 Mbps and most important router is freezing during working hours BUT also on night hours when traffic in ZERO.  

I somehow contacted Cisco Romania, they told me that I am not the only one complaining.

I tried to open a case by phone on Cisco, the guy asked for service contract and I don't have one. 

If somebody else run into same problems please share . 

Best regards,

Who Me Too'd this topic