cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco Anyconnect 'rolls back' during install. Says 'Installation complete' but it doesn't load

downsouth212
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts. My first post here so be gentle.

I am trying to load Anyconnect on my windows 10 laptop. I use the installer package that the customer has given me. During installation, it hangs almost immediately (frozen on '1 second'), takes probably 5-6 minutes and then says 'Installation complete'. However the installation is not complete - nothing is loaded. If I am patient enough to watch the install, right at the end it 'rolls back' before showing the 'Installation complete' message.

To add a little more, I work at a customer site with many other consultants who have loaded the exact same package successfully (one of them even has my exact laptop and specs). So I had both the customer and my employer's IT departments look. Both could not resolve however it appears as though the client itself can load but when it tries to install Posture, it fails. I tried to load without Posture but the VPN wouldn't open properly.

The end result was that my IT department think I have software clashing, potentially another VPN (I do have 4 or 5 other VPN's running on my laptop that I can't remove).

Any clues as to how I can investigate further? I wish I could provide more info (such as error messages etc) but don't know how to find this.

Who Me Too'd this topic