Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Active Directory Authentication ERROR_RPC_NETLOGON_FAILED

nsn-amagruder
Level 5
Level 5

I am getting ERROR_RPC_NETLOGON_FAILED when authentication using MS-RPC against one domain controller.  Kerberos test pass fine.  If I use the other domain controller, both MS-RPC and Kerberos work.  I built a new DC and only Kerberos works against it.  I've read the bug id with AD and ISE related to this issue.  Removed and Rejoined ISE to the domain but that only works if it goes to DC01.  If it chooses DC02, MS-RPC fails.

Assuming this is a Microsoft Server issue but have not been able to find a fix.  Anyone encountered this and found a resolution?

DC01 2012 Essentials Server  -  MS_RPC and Kerberos Pass

DC02 2012 Standard Server    -  MS_RPC Fails and Kerberos Pass

Active Directory Security log shows on the working DC a successful impersonation delegation and shows my username.  On DC02 that is not working the impersonation delegation shows Null SID and not username.

MS_RPC Test from ISE

Error                   : Authentication encountered an error due to network, AD DNS misconfiguration. This may be a temporary error.

Processing Steps:

Resolving identity - username

Search for matching accounts at join point - domain.local

Single matching account found in forest - domain.local

Identity resolution detected single matching account

RPC Logon request failed - STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED,ERROR_RPC_NETLOGON_FAILED,username@domain.local

Communication with domain controller failed - dc02.domain.local,ERROR_RPC_NETLOGON_FAILED

RPC Logon request failed - STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED,ERROR_RPC_NETLOGON_FAILED,username@domain.local

Communication with domain controller failed - dc02.domain.local,ERROR_RPC_NETLOGON_FAILED

Failover threshold has been exceeded

Who Me Too'd this topic