cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Configuring static routes for both a Cisco RV-180W router connected to a Cisco SG300-28PP switch

SonicMetal15
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble getting an IP address assigned to devices connected to ports 7-12 on my Cisco SG300-28PP switch which are members of VLAN10.  Ports 1-6 on the switch are set to the default VLAN ID 1 and do not have this problem - they can access the internet just fine.  On both the router and the switch, I have defined both VLAN's 1 and 10 and have made my switch into a L3 one by changing the system mode settings in order to assign the VLAN's an IP address.  Thus, I have assigned VLAN10 an IP of 192.168.10.254 on the switch.  I cannot ping that IP address from devices on VLAN1 (I get 0% loss interestingly enough but each packet returns "destination host unreachable").  On the router now, I made sure to set up 2 DHCP servers, each serving a different VLAN, yet devices plugged into ports 7-12 (which I have made into access ports for PVID 10) are unable to get an IP address.  I figured I needed to add a static route, so I added this one:

9-4-18-Static_Route.PNG

Also, this is the IPv4 static routes on the switch now:

9-4-18-Routing_Table.PNG

Can I get this configuration to work by adding in the correct static routes (which I believe I failed to do)?  Or do I need to set up a trunk, and if so, how?

Would it be much easier to set this up with a trunk as opposed to setting up multiple gateways, one for each VLAN, and having these gateways communicate with the router directly by plugging them into the router (which is how I have it set up currently)?

Thanks for the advice ahead of time!

Who Me Too'd this topic