cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

How widely is 802.1x for Wired Ethernet deployed in the industry?

Ricky Sandhu
Level 3
Level 3

Hey everyone,  now that ACS is End-of-Sale and soon to be End-of-Support, we are one of the organizations that stuck to our trusty ACS deployment until the very end.  Now that we are being forced, we have finally decided to make the move to ISE.  I have been working on this for last couple of months and finally have a working, in-production, ISE deployment.  When I say "in-production", I have RADIUS configured and setup to authenticate Remote Access users for all our Anyconnect termination points (ASAs), some Wireless 802.1x has also been moved over and TACACS+ soon to be migrated over to ISE.  One thing we have never played with is 802.1x for wired ethernet networks.  We have a large number of branch offices spread throughout North America and a lot of these branches do not have an IT staff present onsite.  Because of this, a lot of users, culturally, aren't very aware OR simply don't care about IT security.  We regularly have users bringing in small desktop switches and sharing their network connections with personal devices.  REALLY hoping to put an end to this with ISE.  Now,  back to my original question.  How widely is 802.1X for Wired networks deployed in other organizations?  I don't want to be Town Crier touting the roll out of 802.1X for ethernet only to find out down the road that it's got more issues than it solves.  I understand the in's and out's of 802.1x when it comes to Wireless, I just have never deployed it on physical switch ports.

Who Me Too'd this topic