Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

DNA Center seeking help to delete a device that is not accessible

Dean Weeks
Level 1
Level 1

I have an unreachable device that I would like to delete from Inventory. I'm running DNA Center v1.2.8 (system 1.1.0.715). My attempts to remove the device from withing the application have failed. Maybe the solution resides in using an API call or some other "behind the scenes" action. On to what I've tried.

Starting at trying to delete the device from Inventory failed with the error: "...It is being uses by APP DNA Provision"

Trying to delete the device from Provision/Devices/Inventory failed with error: "... Cannot Delete a device that is part of a Fabric"

Trying to "Remove from Fabric" failed with error: "... Cannot delete device(s) with interfaces containing port assignments"

Trying to clear port Assignments failed with error: "... Configuration on extended device ports connected to upstream edge can not be overwritten"

So where would I go from here?

The device in this topic is a Cisco Catalyst 3560CX-8PC-S. It will fail compliance checks on Fabric Role, Port Assignment, Segment and Virtual Network. The device has been physically removed and I have no way of bringing it back. What is even more laughable is that the device is not a Fabric complaint device but yet DNAC allowed it to be provisioned. Add to my wish list that DNAC will not provision a non compliant device to the Fabric.

Thanks for your support and comments!

D.Weeks

Who Me Too'd this topic