Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Misconfigured Network Device Detected

hcrtechnology
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for a wider opinion.  I have several routers that I use ISE RADIUS for device management. I do not have a TACACS license.  I just use ISE to login in to them. I have ISE generating misconfigured alarms for some of my routers.

I have two ASRs in the network and one constantly generates these alarms while the other one does not.  They both have the same AAA config and are at the same version of code.  Not understanding why one alarms and the other does not.  There are a few switches that give this error as well.

TAC has told me a few things.  1) My configuration looks OK. 2) If the devices aren't on the ISE compatibility list, then I can expect these types of problems.  I generally thought the compatibility list was for user auth feature/functionality, not console login compatibility.  3) I should disable these alarms because they are prone to false errors and considered unreliable.   I'm really not able to get assistance to troubleshoot why the error is happening.

Has anybody else run across this error and if so, did you disable the alarm?

Alarm Name :
Misconfigured Network Device Detected

Details :
Misconfigured NAS Detected with NAS IP Address=192.168.1.1

Description :
ISE has detected misconfigured parameters on the NAS, or RADIUS accounting updates occur too frequently

Severity :
Warning

Suggested Actions :
Verify that parameters on the NAS are properly configured. Verify that the shared secret on the NAS is correct.

*** This message is generated by Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) ***

Regards.

Ryan

Who Me Too'd this topic