cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco Router 1760-failure to recover enable secret password and break sequence to access ROMMON Mode

DM32830067
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Router 1760-failure to recover enable secret password and break sequence to access ROMMON Mode

Hi,

I have Cisco Router 1760 -Enable Secret Password has been lost and I want to give a Break Sequence via Putty. But, I can not get access in ROMMON Mode. I tried all Break Sequences- BREAK, CTRL=BREAK+CTRL+SHIFT+6, CTRL+B, CTRL+A, etc.etc. And, eventually, Router boots up Normally in User Mode, which asks me the password in Encrypted Mode and I successfully enters in User Mode, but not in Privilege Mode. Basically, I have been locked out and I can not access my router.

I am NOT worrying about any kind of loss of configuration because It has no IP address assigned at all either for telnetting or even normal routing purpose.

So, either how can I recover my Enable Secret Password or How Can I enter into ROMMON Mode. Please, provide help in details.

Is there any way that I can access my Current configuration ,or, is there any FLASH level solution which can help me to CRACK the password.

Thank you in advance,

D.M.

Who Me Too'd this topic