Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

9300 / 9500 IOS Update from USB Drive

mattipler
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, 

I'm looking to upgrade the IOS on a number of 9300 / 9500 switch stacks from a USB data pen (something I've not done before).

These stacks are deployed however not yet in production and I unfortunately do not have remote access to them. I've done some scouring of the 9300 / 9500 documentation and have been unable to find a clear answer to my query. 

Hoping one of you guys has previous experience with regards to my scenario / requirement. If I...

• FAT32 format my USB pen.
  • Copy my target / updated .bin IOS image to it.
  • Console onto the 9300 / 9500 in question.
  • Insert my USB pen into the master of the 9300 / 9500 stacks (at this point I should receive a prompt indicating usbflash0 is connected?)
  • Run show ver to clarify my current version.
  • Copy .bin file from USB drive to flash copy usbflash0:cat9k_iosxe.16.09.04.SPA.bin flash:
  • Within conf t set the new IOS as the new image boot system flash:cat9k_iosxe.16.09.04.SPA.bin 
  • Once tested delete /recursive /force flash:cat9k_iosxe.OLD.SPA.bin

Will this following a reload have the desired effect? Will this update all stack members? Is there anything I'm missing? Is the above inaccurate? 

Really appreciated the assistance. I don't have a test environment in which to play this out. 

Cheers. 

Matt

Who Me Too'd this topic