Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Issues connecting Android 10 to Cisco ME

dovla091
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I had one problem which I found bypass solution, but I would like to share with someone, as I don't want that someone is wasting time as I did troubleshooting the issue.

My case was that I have 15 APs AP1832i set to Cisco ME, so 1 acts as a call it a  "controller", while others are getting the instruction. I have set latest version of firmware for APs - 8.10.105.0

Now I have Nokia 7.1 running Android 10 December 2019 patch, and what I found out that after upgrading Android to version 10 and patching Cisco AP1832i from 8.5 to 8.10, android phone cannot connect anymore.

After 1 hour of troubleshooting I found a bypass. By enabling WPA3 (along with WPA2), android 10 started to connect again.

My guess is either Google completely ditched support for WPA2 (for some reason), in favor for WPA3 or there is some mismatch between Cisco 8.10.105.0 for ME and Google Android 10. By enabling WPA3, phone can successfully connect to our network.

I hope I helped someone, and saved him/her some time in dealing with tedious troubleshooting

Best regards

Who Me Too'd this topic