Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

<30mbps throughput on 3702 over 5GHz with Mobility Express controller

Jeff A.
Level 1
Level 1

I'm been working through troubleshooting this issue for the past two weeks and have checked and changed every setting I can think of within the controller without any luck. I have a single 2802 running the current 8.10.130 Mobility Express image acting as a controller with two additional 3702 AP's joined in CAPWAP mode to the controller. I'll also add that I'm still fairly new to the technical side of the Cisco ecosystem so please be patient with me.

When I am connected over 5GHz to the 2802 I have no throughput issues, able to get up to about 600mbps on my devices (iPhones, MacBooks, iPads) and everyone connected is happy. However, on my 3702 the connection starts off alright at about 400mbps and then starts to deteriorate over hours/days until eventually the same devices are getting less than 30mbps total throughput. Re-associating with the network sometimes kicks it back into gear and other times it doesn't.

Funnily enough, I have observed cases where a MacBook associated with the same 3702 is able to pull 300mbps but an iPhone connected was only able to pull 30mbps. Then the next day it was reversed.

I have tried just about every setting under the sun on the Mobility Express controller. Tried to set everything up based on the Cisco Best Practices. Tried the defaults. Tried suggestions in articles floating online. Nothing seems to make a difference to the throughput measured. I even reset the whole system - every AP, and controller, back to defaults – and this helped for a day, but then back to the old antics.

I have confirmed that the switch is providing PoE+ and all the AP's are confirming they are happy displaying Full Power.

I'm not sure where to go from here – there's a couple of posts in these forums and on Reddit with 3702 devices having lower than 300mbps throughput, but that seems to be a different issue than what I'm having. If anyone could shed some light or point me in the right direction to further troubleshoot this weird issue I'd be very grateful.

Who Me Too'd this topic