Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Jabber on iPhone XR randomly stops working

BadPat
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings. First I wanted to state for the record I am not part of the team that builds the network for our business. I am simply the lowest tier in the IT Support staff at a derelict location. I am looking for support that can either help me figure out the problem and solve it locally or gather information on possible solutions to send up the chain of command in hopes to fix the issue.

The company I work for uses the Jabber application on an iPhone XR. The phone originally was for traveling team members between facilities until that was no longer necessary so it was reutilized for our in-house needs. We use Cisco IP phones on the work floor and we have a private line to use for on-site "IT support". We use the same number on the iPhone. My manager set up Jabber and it worked fine for the most part, but recently calls won't come through to the iPhone even when sitting next to a desk phone that is ringing.

We're using the latest update for the app through the apple store. I've checked settings and everything seems to be set up properly; however when I do have it working and I leave the desk to go on the work floor the phone will not ring. It's not on silent.

Any assistance would be welcome. Please and thank you.

“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance.”
― Orville and Wilbur Wright
Who Me Too'd this topic