cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

EVPN Configuration Centralized VRF Route-Leaking - Shared Internet with Custom VRF

f00z
Level 3
Level 3

This documentation seems wrong, and doesn't work. Am I missing something or does the documentation need to be fixed.

Talking about :

Configuration Centralized VRF Route-Leaking - Shared Internet with Custom VRF

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/93x/vxlan/configuration/guide/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-93x/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-93x_chapter_011111.html

This has ip route 0.0.0.0/0 Null0 in the tenant vrf and advertises it to the tenant vrf.

Obviously this causes the default route to send it to the tenant vrf on the border and gets dropped.  The imported 0.0.0.0/0 route from the shared internet vrf won't override the 0.0.0.0/0 static route, so the documentation doesn't make sense to me.

It seems to be missing a command to re-advertise previously imported routes, so it would import the default route from internet vrf and then use the 'advertise-as-vpn' command like in IOS-XR to re-advertise the imported route (with route map of course). 

This command(advertise-as-vpn) doesn't seem to exist on nxos, and the way this documentation has the config, it doesn't work. 

Either I'm missing a single command somewhere in my test lab , or the documentation is broken.

Has anyone else tried this?

Who Me Too'd this topic