Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SG350X 100% CPU Utilization

MartinStuka
Level 1
Level 1

In the network we use Cisco SG350X-24-K9 V02 switches (FW: 2.5.0.90). After 495 days they rebooted spontaneously, or their uptime was reset, but there is no mention of the reboot in the log (and also no interruption of data). After about 3 weeks, the first of the switches started showing 100% CPU utilization. The change occurred in leaps and bounds from about 3-5% to 100%. I read data from the switches via SNMP, but even disabling this service did not reduce the CPU utilization. The switch has 6 active ports. Data flow is about 4Mbps. No routing. After a week or so, the same situation repeated itself on next switch. These are in a stack of 4 and again the processor has been running at 100% since then. I would like to find a way to find out what the CPU is utilizing and could prevent these conditions.

PS: The great thing about these SG350X switches is that even with 100% CPU utilization, the CLI and web interface are still available. With the SG500, we could also get the CPU to 100% utilization, but in addition, it was no longer possible to connect via telnet or the web, and when the device was disconnected from the port, the device would not reconnect.

Who Me Too'd this topic