Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco 10GBase T-X transceivers (rj45) not detected

Dave66
Level 1
Level 1

We've recently purchased to N9K-C93180YC-FX systems, along with 10gb rj45 transceivers (SFP-10G-T-X) and a hand full of LC-fiber 10 gb (SFP10G-SR++) transceivers.   Each component was approved to work with a minimum of NXOS 9.3.5 by Ciscos Matrix compatibility guide.   Currently on the Fiber 10gb LC transcievers work in both of the switches.   

A show interface on any port where on both switches show the RJ45 device as not compatible with the switch.   Although a borrowed 10GB-T-X Rj45 tranceiver from FS.com works just fine.    I've submitted a ticket but other than a lot of leg work being provided from my end I've received really nothing useful.    I'm writing in hopes that others may know whats going on, are just maybe I configured the ports incorrectly.     Other than placing the ports in a separate vlans groups these are not configured with any additional items.   When the tranceivers are inserted into the switch the amber light does not go out, unlike when the fiber transceivers are plugged in.   Even the borrowed tranceiver (FS.com) light goes out on the sfp port when inserted.

Support recommended I upgrade to the most current reccmended NXOS of 9.3.8 which is completed on one switch but that didn't fixed the problem.

So at this point its either me with wrong settings or truley an incompatible -undetected device.   

Who Me Too'd this topic