Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Webex Room Kit Mini w/TelePresence Touch not getting IP address

TSinAK
Level 1
Level 1

Main issue:  The Webex Room Kit Mini is pulling an IP address, but the TelePresence Touch unit, which is connected to the Room Kit's dedicated Touch port (which I assume acts at least as a pass-through network port) is not (it's getting a 169.254.x.x address).

We've got about six of the Room Kit Minis around the office, each with a TelePresence Touch.  The only problematic one is the one where the touch panel is connected directly to the Room Kit --all of the other touch panels plug into their own network port and are all network paired to their respective Room Kits.

I have no idea why the one touch panel isn't getting an IP address.  Tried swapping out network cables, but same results.  Tried comparing all individual settings across all six touch panels and everything was set the same on each.  If I plug a laptop into the network cable from the Room Kit, the laptop also ends up with a 169.254.x.x address (all of the others have 192.168.224.x).

I've looked through the admin guide for the Room Kit, but didn't see anything that might help.  Is there any setting on the Room Kit that disables (or otherwise affects) the pass-through port at all?

Who Me Too'd this topic