Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Netconf - Gather Interfaces from Cat9300 with multiple Interface types

ChrisMott30064
Level 1
Level 1

I'm developing a script to gather all the interfaces for a Cat9300, enable the user to select a single interface by interface number (ex 1/0/1), and make changes to that interface.

The script does a normal Netconf request for all Interfaces with the below Filter, which works great:

<filter xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
        <interface/>
    </native>
</filter>

It then puts all the interface into a Dictionary, each interface in a row, and does a search of the interface number, using the interface "name" of 1/1/1 (or any other interface number found in the query).

During testing on a Cat9300-48UXM with an NM-8X Network Module, I noticed that, searching for interface 1/1/1, there are actually four potential ports to choose from:

• interface GigabitEthernet1/1/1
  • interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1
  • interface FortyGigabitEthernet1/1/1
  • interface TwentyFiveGigE1/1/1

This is an issue, as in my case the TenGig1/1/1 interface is configured and is in use, so I should NOT be able to change interface GigabitEthernet1/1/1.

For the script logic, I suppose I can create a temporary IF statement to see if my dictionary has multiple Interface Types for a given interface name (that will be interesting itself), but it would be better if we could remove the unneeded, not-programmed Interfaces.

Is there another Netconf Filter I could leverage to get the information I'm looking for without the Interface redundancy?

Who Me Too'd this topic