Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

4th Gen APIC Controller Hardware

SIMMN
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have following questions about the 4th Gen APIC controller after reading the installation guide and datasheet...Hope someone would be able to help clarify...

1. Is 4th Gen APIC based on UCS C220 M6? I assume so but can not find any confirmation. Also the reference rear panel view of the APIC-M/L4 is different than the C220 M6...

2. According to the APIC installation guide, Figure 2 in the link below, the 4th Gen APIC rear panel either does not show the CIMC port OR it does not have the OOB MGMT Ports anymore built-in if the "Dedicated 1 GB Ethernet management port" is actually for CIMC...? But the doc also states "2 10GBase-T Ethernet LAN over Motherboard (LOM) ports for network connectivity" which I assume would be the built-in ports for APIC OOB MGMT connection, right?

3. According to 4th Gen APIC datasheet as well as CCW, either "Intel E810XXVDA2 2x25/10 GbE SFP28 PCIe NIC" or "Intel X710T2LG 2x10 GbE RJ45 PCIe NIC" must be selected. But will either be used for APIC fabric connection to Leaf?

4. Assuming negative for #3, the installation guide also states that VIC15428, VIC1477 and VIC1467 are supported for the 4th APIC which I can see them being used for apic fabric connection. But there is also a note: "Cluster formation isn't supported for UCSC-PCIE-C25Q-04"...Does this mean VIC1467 can not be used for APIC fabric connection?

5. Assuming postive for #3, then what are the purpose of the VIC15428, VIC1477 and VIC1467 on 4th Gen APIC?

6. VIC 1455 is referenced in the guide but it does not seem it would be supported by 4th Gen APIC anymore... as if the 1455 content was just copied over from 3rd Gen APIC doc...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/server/m4-l4-server/APIC-M4-L4-Server/m_overview.html

Who Me Too'd this topic