Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

CBS350 I2C Failed to Read Errors and Port Issues

djtech2k
Level 1
Level 1

I unboxed 2 new CBS350 switches and installed them.  First thing I updated to the newest firmware, which is 3.3.0.16.  On one of the switches, early in the process of setting up the config, it started with repeated errors of the I2C failed to read errors with components ADT7476 Fan controller, thermal sensor, and component CPLD.  When that started happening, I also noticed that Cisco copper SFP's would not be recognized in the system status, the port lights on those ports would never light, and the admin portal would constantly freeze up, which resulted in it rebooting itself.  The 2nd switch has worked fine with no issues.  So after hours of trying to resolve the issues on Switch1, I pulled it and replaced it with a brand new CBS350.

On the new switch3, I did the same process.  I updated the firmware to 3.3.0.16 and started loading just some common things like VLAN's, interfaces, and trunk ports.  Everything worked fine on day one.  Today I went back to this same switch and joined ports to the proper VLAN's and started to create an ACL and some ACE's.  Somewhere during this process this switch starting doing the same behavior as the original switch1.  The errors are persisting and not the copper SFP port's do not light up and the admin portal freezes.  Its essentially now acting just like the original switch1 that this switch replaced.

I have tried all different, brand new cables, SFP's, and so on.  The switch2 has continued to work fine with a very similar config with no issues.

All of this equipment is brand new out of the box and was receiver around 6-2022, so it was in the box but still brand new.  I do not know what the issue might be.  I thought the first switch might have been bad out of the box.  Now that switch3 is doing the same thing, its hard to think that 2 out of 3 new switches would be bad out of the box.  I am running the newest available download for firmware, which was released in April 2023.  The config I have been doing is very simple and is working fine in switch2 so I can't think it is a config issue.  

This is in a lab environment that needs to run properly but running this gear is new to me so has anyone else has this kind of issue or does anyone have any suggestions?

Who Me Too'd this topic